Sometimes, it can be very useful to initiate the Hard Reset from the PowerRouter.
During the Hard Reset the PowerRouter will restart and reassess all the independent modules inside.
This is not the same process as a 'normal reset', which can be initiated with the Powerrouter Display menu: Service, Restart,YES.
The Hard Reset can be initiated by completely de-energizing the PowerRouter.
This can be done by:
- Turn off the PowerRouter,
- disconnect the grid connection, (switch off fuses, or mains).
- disconnect the solar panels (using the DC switch underneath the PowerRouter),
- (if connected) disconnect the batteries.
- Wait up to 10 minutes, this assures that every capacitor is drained of power.
- Reconnect everything in the opposite order.
- Turn on the PowerRouter.